Taos Footwear Care Instructions
- Don’t dry shoes by exposing them to heaters as they may make the leather dry and brittle and compromise any adhesives
- If you apply any shoe treatments, please test on a small, inconspicuous area before applying to entire shoe
If you need to clean the footbed on Taos styles with microfiber linings we recommend:
- Start with a clean cloth
- Apply a small amount of antibacterial cleanser
- Rub the stained area of footbed with the cloth
- Take another clean piece of cloth and moisten with water
- Rub the same area to remove residual dirt and soap
- Allow to completely dry before wearing
Full Grain Leathers
Remove any surface dirt with a soft dry cloth. Then wipe again with a soft damp cloth. You can also maintain with a leather cream and buff but be aware that some shoe care products may darken or discolor leather.
Wax Treated LeathersWax Treated Leathers
You may notice a white residue on the surface. This is simply a wax treatment to achieve the desired distressed look on the leather that is rising to the surface as part of a natural process. If the wax residue appears, simply wipe your footwear with a cloth to restore the perfect look.