Posts Tagged ‘boots’
Myth #1: Dansko only makes clogs.
Dansko is of course known for supportive clogs that have been loved by healthcare professionals, teachers, and chefs for over 20 years, but over the past decade Dansko has greatly expanded its base to build sandals, wedges, heels, flats, boots, and even hiking shoes that offer similar levels of support and comfort to their legendary clogs. All you need to do is check out current styles such as the Odessa (below left), Olivia, Sabrina (below right), and best-selling Sophie to see that Dansko has successfully grown beyond its cloggy beginnings and into a multifaceted healthy shoe company with a little something for everyone.
Myth #2: Dansko shoes are clunky and heavy.
Well, for those of you who have embraced the normcore movement, you may fully appreciate how wonderful supportive yet clunky shoes can be.
But I am fully aware that normcore has its limits, so I’ll offer you the following…
Yes, the classic Dansko Professional clogs are built with a very durable and supportive sole that can seem stiffer than other shoes in your closet, however due to the extremely durable nature of the sole material, Dansko clogs are able to maintain continuous levels of support over the life of the shoes. Many other mass market shoes that use overly-spongy foams under the feet break down relatively quickly, and when this happens you lose support. Of course, as noted in myth #1, Dansko has developed dozens of styles recently that use softer, lighter, and more flexible materials underfoot than their Professional clogs. These new designs, such as the Allison, the Elise, and the Jovie, use durable, supportive materials that are much lighter and more flexible than what you might expect. It is with these designs that Dansko has put to bed the notion that they make only clunky and heavy shoes.
Myth #3: I have a Dansko clog, and I would like to try a different style. I should be the same size in my new style, right?
Not necessarily. Like most shoe companies, Dansko produces some of their shoes on different lasts (the form that shoes are built on) which can affect sizing. Some Dansko shoes also feature hand-made elements, and this of course can affect sizing as well. One of our most popular Dansko lines, the Pro XP clogs, run about a half size larger than their counterpart Professional clogs. Our best advice here is to contact our experts at 1-800-336-6657 if you have sizing questions or to visit one of our stores and try them on for yourself.
Myth #4: Dansko only makes shoes for women.
Dansko offers a line of clogs and other work-style shoes for men that offer great all-day support and durability. The Walker is one of our best-selling models, and it even outsells many women’s styles. Think guys don’t wear clogs? Well, thousands of chefs, doctors, teachers, and other professionals may disagree with you. I actually own two pairs of Pro XPs myself, and they are some of the most supportive, comfortable shoes that I have worn. So, gentlemen, are you man enough to take on a Dansko clog?!
Myth #5: Dansko is just another big shoe conglomerate owned by some far-off unseen entity.
Dansko is very much a home-grown American success story. Pennsylvania-based husband and wife team Peter Kjellerup and Mandy Cabot formed Dansko 23 years ago after visiting Europe and falling in love with European clog designs. Dansko has grown to currently employ about 180 people in its Pennsylvania headquarters and warehouse. In 2012, the company proudly announced that they had become 100% employee-owned, and Mandy has served as CEO for many years. What’s more, Dansko has been a leader in environmental sustainability as well. Both its headquarters building and warehouse are LEED Gold Certified.
Get Ready for Winter with Special Edition Birkenstock Shoes and Boots
If you order now you can save 5% on these rare boots and shoes. The Dundee normally retails for $174.99, but is now $166.24. Maine retails for $159.99 and now is only $151.99. As always, shipping is FREE at Happy Feet Plus.
Remember quantities are limited so once they’re gone, they’re gone. Hurry and get yours today.
Who better to comment on the quality and comfort of Finn Comfort footwear than our loyal customers?
Here are just a few of the hundreds of happy customers who have taken time to supply us with comments about Finn Comfort footwear. We really appreciate the positive feedback not only about our website and our customer service, but especially about the products we represent.
Right now we are featuring all of our Finn Comfort products – boots, shoes, sandals, clogs and footbeds – at great savings.
Click Here to view all of our Finn Comfort items. Enjoy the savings!
- Several year ago I suffered with plantar faciitis. After cortizone injections offered no relief, I turned to FC sandals (Orb). To my amazement w/in a month or so I felt 95% better. Just recently, I started having issues with pain in the ball of my foot. Once again I have turned to FC. As long as I have them on, I experience NO PAIN. I am certain it will be a matter of time and my problem will be 100% alleviated. True they are expensive, but hands down it is a far less expensive course than surgery!
- The name says it all. I had foot surgery soon after receiving my order. I’m in my second week of recovery and these shoes (Jamaica) offer unforgettable comfort, on both feet.
- Have worn this style (Vaasa) for over 30 years and still love it!
- Fit was perfect. I like being able to adjust the straps when my feet swell. Sizing was accurate. I found the shoe (Jamiaca) I was looking for very easily. Check out was easy as well. The price was better than any other website.
- Your website is by far the best source for Finn Comfort shoes! I have been wearing Finn Comfort Shoes for over 20 years. Nothing else compares. Size 46 always fits from the first day. As a bonus your prices are the lowest available.
- This is the most comfortable pair of shoes (Vaasa) I have ever had. I feel I can walk fore ever in these shoes and I have. No other shoe comes close for a everyday shoe, Don’t miss this one.
- This is my sixth pair of Finns (Jamaica). They are one of the few shoes that will fit my high arch and let me adjust the pressure across my bunions. Thank you for carrying this brand.
- I like these shoes (Orb) very much. In three weeks my plantar fasciitis has improved dramatically- one foot is nearly back to normal and the other is about 75% better. I plan to buy Finn shoes for most all of my needs in the future. Fit is good, but I am between 38 and 39- 38 just barely long enough with thin socks; 39 a little big without thicker socks- so I went with the 38 and thin socks.